LMAO !!! - Laugh My Ass Off

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Adieu Hyderabad.

Its been a little over two weeks since I've left Hyderabad.

Its been over 10 minutes since I've typed the above sentence and nothing after that. And I've been wondering, if this simple statement unwittingly gives me away. Because, if I had wanted to convey a state of passing from one phase of life to the other, I could as well have put it in a crisper manner - in a way which would make more sense.
For example, I am three days away from leaving for IIM Ahmedabad.

I read through all my earlier posts in this blog; articles which attempt at summarizing the amazing time my friends and I have had at Hyderabad, and at this summarization failing hopelessly. Because the narration is woefully constrained by my limited writing and memorizing skills, and would in no way, recount completely and unfailingly all the countless interesting moments I've shared with my friends.

I drove myself to giggles at the recollection of some of the incidents. Reminiscing further, giggles turn into laughter. And laughter to tears.

As I type in these last few passages about my brief affair with Hyderabad, my mom is asking me to start thinking about packing. That triggers a thought. Its not emotional like in the movies. Rather its just a realisation.

A realisation that I wouldnt be boarding the Charminar and going to my top berth right after getting into the train. That I wouldnt wake up groggily only after the train's pulled itself into Nampally. That I wouldnt haggle with the auto rickshawmen to charge me under 25 bucks to take me to Masab Tank. That, I wouldnt step into the welcoming familiarity of 204, Anand Residency.

Its just a subtle reminder that something's changed.

Chances are, I would keep writing my blog; in the same style, which I'm used to writing in. The thought which makes me pause for a second is that there would be a completely different set of characters.


Orkut (www.orkut.com) is not necessarily a medium through which you can hold real time conversations, as you would using, say, Yahoo messenger. But often when the two conversing parties are both logged on to the internet, a makeshift conversation could be held by leaving messages or 'scraps' in each other's webpages or 'scrapbooks'.

Following is a piece of conversation between Amit and I.

Amit: Hey, whats up ? Have you got Neo (one of my laptop's potential names) ? So, when are you leaving to IIM, Mr. Morpheus ?
PS: Whats the similarity between you and Morpheus ?
(Perhaps its fitting that he should use my dark and attractive skin color to ridicule me after I've left Hyderabad. They began with that.)

Oka: Amazing dialogue delivery.
Question for you.
Whats the similarity between you and King Kong ?
(I am not sure if King Kong has a tummy. But Amit wouldnt either. I bet he'd get the message.)

Amit: Both are kings.
Whats the similarity between you and Ambrose ?
(Does persistence really pay ?)

Oka: Tall handsome personalities.
Here's your question.
Whats common between you and Yokosuna ?
(Yeah, does it really pay ?)

Amit: Both are fair and lovely (??!!!??)
Now, whats the similarity between you and a black hole ?

Oka: Both are profound.
Here's yours.
Whats common between you and a pregnant gorilla.
(Fair, lovely, King - all these possibilities eliminated)

Amit: Both are too good at defending themselves.
Now, I'm going to put a full stop to this conversation.
Whats the similarity between you and my niece (His niece is a toddler)
Let me answer that for you.
Both of you are totally jobless, and I have a job to do.
GET LOST !

I notice another message in my scrapbook which I had previously overlooked. It was from Kaushik, written right after I left Hyderabad.

"Hey ! You took the iron !!!! How much cheaper can you get !"

The only thing which is permanant, they say, is change.

Some things however never change.

3 Comments:

  • vannakum anna,eppadi irrikungae?good luck at the iim's,and congrats on your new possession,please ensure regular blogging!adios amigo!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 AM  

  • good one buddy!

    By Blogger aodz, at 8:17 AM  

  • roflol!!

    By Blogger Mohan Kodali, at 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home