LMAO !!! - Laugh My Ass Off

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Bottomline - My room-mates are rascists.

"Jhoot Bole Kauwa kaate...."
"Kaale Kauwe se dariyo"

Chances are that you might have heard this song.

When I was selecting the template for my blog, I came upon one with a black background.
Now nothing inspires me more than the black colour. I absolutely love it.

To know why, you should know a few more details about my glorious personality, espeically my looks.
Well, I am a tall, dark and..... ummm... well I am a tall and dark guy.
(I was about to complete the phrase tall, dark and handsome... when suddenly the stark reality struck me.
Well, 2 out of 3 is good enough !!)

And I dont know why, but wherever I go, there have been millions of jokes about my dark skin. I like to think that it is because my friends just dont have any other thing about which they can pull my leg. Meaning, I am simply perfect in everything else. (I said.. I like to think like that.)

And there cant be people better (or is it worse) at this than my room-mates.
Check this out...

Incident No. 1
I come out of the bathroom, after a face wash. I find a towel (which is Manish's) hanging on the door knob. I go over and wipe my face.
Manish: Now I know why my towel is getting black stains.
Amit who was reading a book and who was a picture of concentration till then, bursts out laughing while I pick up the soft-ball lying nearby and target Manish's ass.

Incident No. 2
I live in an apartment with three other friends - all of us bachelors.. young blood... fiery naujawans... creative thinkers... bold entrepreneurs....... okay stop.

There's a lady who delivers food at our door-step through a delivery-boy.
Incidentally the delivery-boy happens to be a north-indian, and both Amit and Manish happen to speak Hindi as their mother-tongues or almost like that.

This delivery-boy also happened to be particularly, (In hindsight - irritatingly) talkative.
So we got talking.

After a conversation which wasnt unpleasant this guy gets ready to leave. He says, (in Hindi) (looking at Manish) "Aap tho Chandigarh ke hain", (looking at Amit) "Aap Maharashtra ke..." (and then he looks at me) "Our aap tho south indian hain... kaale hai to kya hua.... dilwale hain."

My mouth which until then was wide in a smile, closed at record speed. Amit and Manish tortured their lips by biting them hard to control bursting out in laughter.

Well not for too long... The guy left, and these guys were rolling on the floor laughing at my expense.

All I could manage was a silly idiotic smile.

Incident No. 3
There's a photo session going on. Its a birthday party at 12 midnight, and we are having amazing fun.
We are clicking away with aplomb.
After a lot of funny snaps, we gather for a group snap.
Kaushik is the clicker. Looking through the viewfinder.. he gets the people to move inside the camera's view.
Finally he says, "Hey, I cant find Oka in the viewfinder..."

Amit: No problem... Oka... smile !

Kaushik: Aah..... perfect !!

The clincher
How many of you have had songs written in admiration for your qualities.
I am sure not many.

Well, I've been great enough to have a song written for me.
Listen to this...

"Jhoot Bole Oka kaate..."
"Kaale Oke se dariyo."
- Amit Deshpande


1 Comments:

  • See I barely managed to escape being branded as a racist.. :-) but hey come on ur talking as if u r the brand ambassador of Cherry Blossoms or something..

    By Blogger Anuj, at 5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home